Chris Paul Trade Rumor Roundup + Other Ridiculous Signing News
UPDATE 12/9: You can get a good summary of the Chris Paul trade to the Lakers that wasn’t, HERE. Stern ‘gon Stern.
- Keep track of updated player moves here.
Most important concern for anyone reading this –> The Orlando Magic are not listed in ANY rumor involving Chris Paul. Every time it seems as if the Magic catch a break in the rumor mill, something else pops up to put them in an even worse position. See below. The good news for Magic fans is that Larry Hughes and Gabe Pruitt will be present at training camp for the Magic. So there is something to be excited about!
If somehow CP3 does end up in Los Angeles then the leagues two best PG’s, in the two best markets, would be sitting on teams waiting for Dwight Howard to arrive. Something to think about.
- The latest word on the street is that the Lakers are making a serious push to acquire New Orleans Hornets star PG, Chris Paul. The trade would be a 3-way deal between NOLA, LA and Houston. Houston would receive Pau Gasol in the deal and the Lakers would not have to give Andrew Bynum.
- The Knicks are now likely out of the CP3 Sweepstakes with several rumors floating that they are making a strong push for Tyson Chandler. Earlier in the day, Chandler received a 4 year, $60M offer from the Golden State Warriors.
Sports Illustrated reports: “For the Knicks to acquire the 29-year-old center they would likely have to grant Chauncey Billups amnesty or trade the 14-year veteran point guard to make way for Chandler. If the Knicks were to come to terms with the center, the move would likely put New York out of the Chris Paul bidding war.”
- Earlier in the day it was believed that the Celtics were back in the lead for Chris Paul. They would be offering a deal of Rajon Rondo and Jeff Green.
- Tayshaun Prince will reportedly re-sign with the Detroit Pistons for 4 more years at $27M+. This is in the early running for best-WORST signing of the offseason.
- Shannon Brown has agreed in principle to head to the Phoenix Suns for 1 year at $3.5M. LET SHANNON DUNK.
- Shane Battier announced on Twitter this morning that he is headed to the Miami Heat. The deal is rumored to be for 3 years at around $3M per.
- Greg Oden is heading back to the Portland Trail Blazers after he accepted their 1 year, $8.9M qualifying offer.
- Tracy McGrady, the one time Orlando Magic super star will be playing in Atlanta next season making the veterans minimum. I call that a not-so-gracious-fall-from-grace.rRumors
Rumors… Can’t live with them, can’t live without them swallowing up your entire day and completely f-ing with your psyche. Just like they always say.
It’s a good thing we had that Lockout, ehh?Powered by Sidelines