Magic lose to woeful Wizards
The Orlando Magic lost for the 4th straight game on Friday night as they fell on the road to the Washington Wizards 105-97. The Wizards were 3-23 coming into the game. The Magic came out on fire and led by 17 points with 5:28 left in the 1st quarter, including a red hot 5-5 from Jameer Nelson for 14 points. From there, it all fell pathetically apart.
All you need to know from tonight’s game:
– After starting 5-5, Jameer Nelson finished the game just 1-10 from the field for a final tally of 16 points. The Wizards were 3-23.
– E’Twaun Moore left the game in the 2nd quarter with a sprained left elbow. X-Rays were negative, but he will see a specialist when the team returns to Orlando tomorrow. The Wizards were 3-23.
– Arron Afflalo led the Magic in scoring with 26 points and J.J. Redick had 23. The Wizards were 3-23.
– It was the first time in 13 games that the Magic have allowed 100+ points. The Wizards were 3-23.
– The team received a technical foul in the 3rd quarter after getting caught with six players on the floor. Jacque Vaughn was furious with the refs for not letting his guys get out before letting Washington in-bound the ball, but it was the right call. Bad News Magic. The Wizards were 3-23.
– The teams that the Magic have lost to in their 4 game losing streak now have a combined record of 34-80.