Game Preview: Orlando Magic @ Cleveland Cavaliers
After a heartbreaking one-point loss to the Chicago Bulls, the Orlando Magic will be back in action when they take on the Cleveland Cavaliers Sunday evening.
The Magic are now 19-58, second worst in the NBA. The Cavaliers snapped a 10-game losing streak by defeating the Boston Celtics Friday. Their record is now 23-52.
These two teams have met three times this season. The Magic took the first meeting in Orlando back in November 108-104 behind 22 points from Jameer Nelson. The Cavs got some revenge with a 119-108 victory in Cleveland on February 8. Kyrie Irving had 24 points to lead the Cavs. In the third matchup, on February 23 in Orlando, the Cavaliers blew out the Magic 118-94. The Cavaliers had seven players in double figures.
The Magic rank 27th in offensive rating (99.2), 25th in defensive rating (106.6) and play at the league’s 14th-fastest-pace (94.43). The Cavs are 21st in offensive rating (100.9), 27th in defensive rating (106.0) and play at the 11th-fastest pace (95.12).
Tip-off from the Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland, Ohio is scheduled for 6:00 pm EST and will be shown locally on FS Florida.
As always, if you can’t watch the game, you can listen on the radio – in English on AM 580 WDBO and FM 96.5 and in Spanish on AM 1270 WRLZ.
The officials for tonight’s game are Joe Crawford, Sean Corbin and Leroy Richardson.
The Line: Cleveland – 6.0 (204u)
- Jacque Vaughn decided to go big the other day, starting Nicholson and sliding Harris from power forward to small forward and Harkless from small forward to shooting guard. It will be interesting to see if Vaughn tries it again.
- Jameer Nelson will miss his fifth straight game (ankle).
- Harkless is a game-time decision (knee).
- Dion Waiters, the fourth overall pick of the draft, is averaging 14.7 points per game. Unfortunately for the Cavaliers, he is still out with a left knee injury.
- Luke Walton left Friday’s game with an ankle injury while Anderson Varejao is out for the season.
Follow Andrew on twitter here.Powered by Sidelines