NBA Draft Combine Day 2: More Interviews
2013 May 17
Here are notes from day 2 of the NBA Draft combine.
- On Thursday night, the Orlando Magic were expected to interview Kansas guard Ben McLemore. McLemore, who we profiled here, could wind up being the top overall pick.
- According to Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel, the Magic also interviewed Pittsburgh big man Steven Adams. Adams, who is just 19, is a native of New Zealand. He averaged 7.2 points and 6.3 rebounds in 23.4 minutes per game for the Panthers last season. Adams measured in at 7’0 with a wingspan of 7’4 Thursday.
- The Magic met with Victor Oladipo, another surefire lottery pick, Thursday. You can read our profile of Oladipo here. Oladipo impressed many with a vertical leap of 42 inches.
- The Magic also met with Georgetown swingman Otto Porter. Porter averaged 16.2 points per game on 48.0/77.7/42.2% for the Hoyas last season to go along with 7.5 rebounds per game. Porter measure in at 6’8.5 in shoes and had a 7’1.5 wingspan. Porter was the 2013 Big East Player of the Year.
- Former Miami Hurricane point guard and Orlando native Shane Larkin had the second-highest vertical leap of all time, jumping 44 inches.
- The Magic are also expected to interview Gonzaga big man Kelly Olynyk Friday. Olynyk averaged 17.8 points, 7.3 rebounds and 1.1 blocks per game last season. He shot 62.9/30.0/77.6%. Olynyk measured in at 7’0 in shoes, weighed 234 lbs. and had a wingspan of 6.9.75.
Follow Andrew on twitter here.