Game Preview: Orlando Magic at New Orleans Pelicans
The Orlando Magic defeated the Los Angeles 114-105 on Friday night. The New Orleans Pelicans were also in action Friday night, defeating the Detroit Pistons 103-101.
The Magic are now 12-32 and the Pelicans are 17-25.
These two teams met way back on November 1 and the Magic blew out the Pelicans 110-90 to earn their first victory of the season. Arron Afflalo led all scorers with 30 points.
The Magic rank 24th in offensive rating (98.7), 19th in defensive rating (104.2) and play at the league’s 15th-fastest pace (96.35). The Pelicans are 10th in offensive rating (105.2), 29th in defensive rating (107.3) and play at the league’s 10th-fastest pace (94.92).
Tip-off from the New Orleans Arena in New Orleans, Louisiana is scheduled for 6:00 pm EST and will be shown locally on FS Florida.
As always, if you can’t watch the game, you can listen on the radio – in English on AM 580 WDBO and in Spanish on AM 1270 WRLZ.
The officials for tonight’s game are Jason Phillips, Bennie Adams and Derek Richardson.
The Line: New Orleans – 6.5 (198.5)
New Orleans Pelicans
- Nikola Vucevic remains out with a concussion.
- Former Magic power forward Ryan Anderson remains out with a herniated disc.
- Guard Tyreke Evans is questionable with an illness.
- Point guard Jrue Holiday is out because of a stress fracture in his right tibia.
- Big man Jason Smith is suffering from torn cartilage in his right knee.