Game Preview: Houston Rockets at Orlando Magic
- The Orlando Magic are coming off of a 92-81 victory over the Philadelphia 76ers Sunday night. The Houston Rockets were in action Tuesday night when they played host to the Miami Heat and earned a 106-103 victory.
- These two squared off in Houston on December 8. The Rockets defeated the Magic 98-88 behind 20 points, 22 rebounds, three blocks and two steals from former Magic center Dwight Howard.
The Magic are now 19-43 while the Rockets enter with a record of 41-19.
The Magic rank 26th in offensive rating (99.2), 18th in defensive rating (104.3) and play at the league’s 18th-fastest pace (96.00). The Rockets are fifth in offensive rating (108.1), 10th in defensive rating (102.4) and play at the league’s sixth-fastest pace (98.30).
Tip-off from the Amway Center in Orlando, Florida is scheduled for 7:00 pm EST and will be shown locally on FS Florida.
As always, if you can’t watch the game, you can listen on the radio – in English on AM 580 WDBO and FM 96.5 and in Spanish on AM 1270 WRLZ.
The officials for tonight’s game are Derrick Stafford, Eric Lewis and Ben Taylor.
The Line: Houston – 7.0 (208)
- Victor Oladipo is out with soreness in his left ankle. It’s the first game Vic has missed in his rookie campaign.
- Arron Afflalo (ankle) is back in the starting lineup. Jameer Nelson (sore calf) is out again. For the 2nd consecutive game, Ronnie Price is starting in place of Jameer.
- Dwight Howard (sore back) was questionable Tuesday, but played.
- The Magic will have a video tribute to Howard as part of their 25th Anniversary season.
- Reserve big man Greg Smith is out for the season after knee surgery.
Follow Andrew on twitter here.Powered by Sidelines